For Samuel Nay

I am sorry.

My legs are large now, and my back is sore.

My mouth has grown, and is quiet,
by a bell which tolls.


I am breath, but I am drowning
For you are not here.
so I am sad.


You see the mountains are large,
and I am a still.



I see you standing there,
torn by a battle against you.

And you lie,
and are shaken.

Did you ever care? Did, I ever give you enough time?
Will I ever get to kiss you on the forehead.

Or will you withdraw
into nothing.




For men in relationship to patriarchy, I don’t believe in failures. Only betrayal. Largely of the self. If there is a failure, it is a societal one: of institutions, and culture, and the reject of a way of categorizing, and comparing human beings to the murder. Most men are raised to be killers in this society, the loss of life that haunts men, and chaos and turmoil *socioemotionally that emerges, when they are forced into these rigid roles, is terrifying, degrading, and dehumanizing. All men, are resentful and desire to undo the lies, associated with rigid roles. Our society has failed to raise men, in a way which honors and values their basic emotional lives.

I would like dedicate this song to my brother Samuel Nay.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog